Sunday, August 13, 2006

World Dragon Boat championships Toronto.


I attended this event yesterday in Toronto(held here for the first time).
I imagine it will not be held here again as the commentator was suffering from something which made him unable to comment in a helpful way. Though new to this sport , we were surrounded by competitors whom were similarly bemused by the commentary! I am sure it will look good on the Rogers sportsnet segment.
As you can see they were VERY fast, and it looked great, are there any teams out there needing someone to laugh at?
In the film "Dodge Ball" there is a great advert for a magazine that caters to activities that are"almost a sport" ,well having seen Dragon Boat racing it is definately a sport and I would take my hat off to them were I wearing it, "ultimate frisbee"on the other hand....

No comments: