Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Coffee

Yesterday, at work, I had moved somewhat earlier than usual onto my third coffee of the day.
The first is always at a local Tim hortons not five minutes drive from work,I cycle to work and afterwards am in need of a coffee flavoured hot beverage-about a pint usually does it.
when I first arrived in Canada all I could drink were the "small" sizes in what looked like ordinary cups. Now I have begun to assimilate the "extra large" looks reasonable and is good value at ten cents more than the small.
The second cup is usually from "second cup" where they do "European" style coffee (ie coffee),it is strong and they do a great dark roast.
The third cup is usually at that time of the night when all you can get is stacked in favour of 'Tims"as they are like everywhere ,like starbucks back home.
As a shift worker back home I would drink ten or so very small instant coffees from the machine in the hospital ER ,actually next to the nurses station, the queue for coffee would often get in the way of the more seriously ill patients. It was poor but had some coffee in it.
Here in canada they do good coffee but you cannot get it next to the nurses station-swings and roundabouts!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

D'you not think there's something odd about Tim Horton's? I mean, it tastes vile the first time you have it, and then suddenly you not only drink it but also want more of it.
PS: When are you going to delete my comment this time? *grin*

citizen***146 said...

Absolutely, the convenience factor has led to huge consumption, I have gone over to the dark side and now have my own mug( I salve my conscience because it saves all that paper and plastic and it`s 5 cents cheaper)!