Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Still looking for a car

Lots of cool cars around, but as an immigrant the Insurance companies feel morally obliged to kick me repeatedly.
Have to play a waiting game for a proper car, and until one of THEM wants something from me.
Not withstanding 22 years of driving , manual gearboxes, (double declutching on one driving course), small roads, lots of people, emergency service training, I score a "1" on the insurance company scale!
It matters not how far the scale goes, "1" is not good,( it goes up to 9).
If had gone all the way to grade 12, and been one of the 70% whom finish high school, taken my junior test aged 16, still at school, and upgraded over two years to a full "g " class licence, I would be in the same position(with more hair and acne)!
Come the revolution....
Still at least they didn`t make me take a driving test, about 4 years ago they were still insisting on that, rumour has it that Northern Ireland still gets treated like C**P.
If they would only let me vote...
The car I buy will therefore be dictated by what the Canadian insurance industry thinks is safe, strangely this appears not to be as bad as at home! In the UK I would be on for a SMART car or something similar with 800cc of power , NOT HERE.
Apparently it is all about the number of accidents, and crucially injuries and deaths ( and therefore cost) reported per model, a hummvee may not be out of the question, desperately safe and very slow..
all is not lost...................

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did that Norn Iron rumour come from me, by any chance? *grin*

citizen***146 said...

I am of course unable to divulge my sources, however it`s a bloody disgrace!

Anonymous said...

Ain't that the truth!

Anonymous said...

i had to do my license all the way from learner's level again here in Aus.

"What does this sign mean?" asked the computer, displaying a sign which was red, octagonal and said "STOP"

citizen***146 said...

Automatics, any country where they predominate, produces drivers whom can eat, talk on the phone and drive, but the latter is the weakest skill!