Monday, November 13, 2006

Freeze dried verses crushed!


Quick point, my famous bee-shot( many/most of these blog shots are not my photos, this one is)!
Last night`s paper had a review of a Candian Science Journal, and work done on bees.
I could point out that in my youth I dabbled as a lab scientist, not the kind in CSI , more the crazed lunatic model.
Thus my interest in real scientists( and I know a few) and their work.
The Lab Boys ( probably women) looked at the reaction of real bees and artificial flowers with nectar added.
To half they attatched freeze dried bees ( to simulate real ones but without the hassle of them f****ng off), and to the other half crushed bees ( to simulate bees killed in situ by predator spiders).
The bees went 5 to 1 to the freeze dried bees , and it is suggested that this is because they recognize hazzardous situations, and prefer non hazzardous competition.
Anyway I found it interesting and if you didnt , well , you can all just.. ,...... perhaps my wife is right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what does the wife say?

citizen***146 said...

not everyone is fascinated by bees,or peas or trees....??