Saturday, October 21, 2006

life in the city


Starting to get cold again, busy sweeping leaves off the deck. New job offered it`s final hurdle today in the form of a medical, five stops on the subway( could have walked but was wearing the suit).
Small office in the basement of the shopping mall, I am the only one in a suit (never can over- dress, unless its` a particularly rough bar), we all look nervous as today we find out if we are blind ,deaf , or just not up to the mark. I pass with an unexplained hearing loss in one ear, and an unexplained excellent result on the vision front.
My current job now has seven weeks or so before I tell them where to go, it has not been fun, but concentrating on taking their money and drifting through the day has helped! I mastered this in my last post and wonder if they noticed?
Been to busy to blog recently, though have noticed that two cricketers have gone down to NANDROLONE, they must put it in everything these days.
Tomorrow am due to get up early and accompany a friend to buy a Kayak, hit the gym, watch some football, all around the Canadians continue to celebrate Halloween, someone should get them a calandar...

3 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

you know, a lot of people have to buy kayaks on their own. You are a good friend to go along.

citizen***146 said...

I read that it is mandatory to own a kayak/canoe along with a snow shovel and skates, perhaps if they are Really cheap....

Anonymous said...

Sorry mate. The unexplained hearing loss is probably my fault. All those years of long hard shifts sat next to me in the motor moaning on....... your brains natural defence was to shut that ear down so you didn't have to listen!!