Sunday, October 01, 2006

Catching waves in downtown Toronto.




Back to my second love, we took a trip to New York City. It took ten and a half hours, and a further 60 minutes to here LONG ISLAND, the nearest surf to the downtown core of Toronto!
There were lots of surfers out and as soon as I change jobs and get some four day weekends and a VERY economical carhttp://citizen146.blogspot.com/2006/10/why-dont-i-just-get-decent-car.html I should be set! It seemed warmer in New York state, the sea was definitely warmer than Lake ontario, all I need is a surfing buddy. Those I left behind in the UK have an arduous two hour drive to Scarborough and some quality waves. I wonder if any New Yorkers need a British surfer to to make them look good ?

2 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

have you considered taking up skiing

citizen***146 said...

I tried ice skating and my "balance quotient" is insufficient to prevent numerous blows to the head.For this reason skiing seems out and surfing only a minimal risk of getting hit by your board