Sunday, April 29, 2007

What does the FC stand for, in Toronto FC?

Fantastic news ,as mentioned WAAY back Toronto has a football team, and not the Buffalo Bills getting pushed two hours down the road from sleepy Buffalo to the big city.
Toronto FC , a colleague actually asked me what the FC stood for , and the thought "it was kinda lame"
They`ve sold out 14,000 season tickets, and had a crowd of over 20,000 for yesterdays home debut against the not lamely named Kansas City WIZARDS.
CBC carried the game and had the good sense to have an English commentator to keep a lid on the tendancy of most North American commentators to get over reliant on statistics. I have to say they did a good job, the crowd did a GREAT job! I closed my eyes and it sounded like football, there is no other sound like it, even the weather cool and blustery added to the authentic product, I think we have a winner........................

No comments: