Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nowhere to put it



Been really slacking off on the posts this year.

For the first three months I was away but there is no excuse for April -now that le Printemps is here.

The weather is glorious for a second day out on the deck , inside it is better for my sunburn!

We are looking for a pet from the local humane society and city animal shelters, the have websites but the accuracy of one is suspect , so every 48 hours I am down en velo for a check.

We have missed two dogs we both liked, both taken by more agressive people putting holds on them, now we know the rules!

Both dogs had poodle in them though were vastly different in size, both had a certain undiscernable factor.

Reading a book sent over by a dog loving friend all about the arctic wilderness, coincidentally I was reading it when I got burnt. Just got to the bit about the huskies. The photo`s confirm that some huskies do not have the piercing blue eyes . In the early days of the search we passed up a beautiful three year old with one blue and one brown eye. We shall keep looking, see a lot of them on the streets (presumably from breeders) strangely they are often wearing boots like 50% of the dogs here in deep winter, or is it just the ones in our yuppie neighbourhood?

We both want one with character, we can train it not to pull (too) much but will probably keep it on a leash all the time we are here in the city. I have seen a lot of people running with their huskies and think I could really go for that as I have to run anyway and the local gym is expensive , I can think of a lot more things to do with $70 a month.

Off to check the web sites.........

No comments: