Sunday, January 21, 2007

November in Whitby 2005

















Continuing the only at weekends blog, which is probably just as well as am too busy to think these days, and therefore have nothing interesting to say.
Whitby is a costal town in Yorkshire Northern England, where Captain Cook lived and the novel Dracula was set and written., but as far as I am concerned it is where I learnt to surf!
So here I am in the fading light of an early winters eve, its 3.45pm the lights from the funfair on the promenade are on, and the ferris wheel is doing a brisk trade
Sat even just a few yards from shore the experience is surreal. The moon has risen over the castle on the cliff top, and the waves are just big enough to get up on, it's a long way from California, but I've been there and its just as cold! Only those in Hawaii surf in skin, the rest of the planet has boots, gloves, hats and attitude.
This was the last time I was in the water, but I feel a trip coming on in the Summer, which surely to God must be here soon................

No comments: