Sunday, December 24, 2006

Dancing in PJ`s

It is traditional at this time of year, well in a week or so, to pledge to get fitter in the new year .
This year I have the jump on the usual pre christmas binging, and have already started( several months ago) to turn the clock back -it`s a form of time travel!
Back in Leeds a friend and I made regular trips to the gym , where we lifted very heavy weights and did virtually no cardio. As a result my bench press rose to a one time record of 98Kg. Since comming to Canada that dropped off , perhaps due to having to convert it to pounds, its about 218lbs I think. Well THIS Year will be different, I am going to finally take up a martial art.
I always fancied Kendo, you know with the ornate face mask and huge bamboo sword, I don`t know what that says about me; karate especially the Bruce Lee Wing chung style was something I grew up watching; I have done some Tai chi!
Down the street is a Ninja school, every new member gets a suit belt AND a full HOOD (scared the life out of me even in a window display).
Above is Ju jitsu, I have been told that this is a broad style which may even have some practical uses, I have the opportunity to join a convenient club ( experience tells me convenience is the way to go) so after today we have christmas day then a few days before a decision eary in January, merry christmas one and all, or as they say here happy holidays...........

No comments: