Sunday, March 11, 2007

something to do with the government


The question was asked how many of you have had the flu shot?
The show of hands was entirely what I expected, but a bit of a shock to the nurse apparently!
Most of the workforce from 18 to retirement apparently thought it uneccesary, when asked why, someone at the back of the room mumbled the government but was unable to say exactly what they meant by that. Well I know what they meant. Far too much of the nanny state in the UK, and Canada may be worse.
I once worked for a doctor who was dead against having anything given to him that was uneccessary, seemed entirely reasonable to me. They give you a combination vaccination of all the nastiest versions of last year`s flu (usually the top three) then you get ill, and it costs!
There is clean and hygenic and personality disorder. Most people stay well ,or get ill and get over it. So I `m having a glass of warm beer with the sediment in the bottle, and when the summer comes around I will be found wandering the garden eating things straight from the plants and just watch me live forever.............

2 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

I like to lick sheep. For the anthrax.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.