Friday, September 15, 2006

Canadian sports


Going to see my first ever (ice) hockey game on Monday.
As a resident Canadian this is probably overdue, and we are getting dragged there by some tourist friends from home!
Watched it over many years as an olympic sport though am still hazy on the rules, though know they are different at the olympics, and the pitch is bigger?
As a huge american football fan ,went to the Rogers dome for a CFL game last week. Whilst the game quality was unusually poor, the setting was fantastic and at $9.99 a great day out even if you dont like football.
I gather the hockey may cost more than $9.99.
I like to tell people I have an open mind, but the one thing I tune out at football is the endless advertising, the annoying music , the random announcements. I am hoping none of these things are are a feature of hockey.
If you are sat next to me watching "the leafs" on Monday 18th at the air Canada centre, feel free to enlighten me on the rules as well as why THIS is going to be their year.

No comments: